This is Part I of a project jointly undertaken with Hector Reban and Max van der Werff after the author’s return from attending a conference MH17—The Quest for Justice, in Kuala Lumpur in August 2019. Many thanks to Mr. John Philpot, international criminal lawyer, for valuable comments.
1. Introduction. The MH17 Trial as Political Theatre
2. From Outlawing War to ‘Humanitarian Intervention’
3. The NATO Intervention in Yugoslavia and the Yugoslavia Tribunal
4. The Rwanda Tribunal and the International Criminal Court
5. Lockerbie and Libya
6. International Criminal Justice and the Historical Record